The means: FTC-i
The motive: RASSM
The opportunity: Pokémon
The allies: DG, ObK, Shaven Wookies
The enemies: TJH
The mates: Sigs, Artie
The homes: VRS, AFJ
The vanity: AFJ
Sith War Veteran: just us
Last Updated: 01/30/03
Evolution of Alice:
Alice has 4 origins:
- Alice & Lewis Carroll
- I'm a lifelong fan of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, so it's no surprise I might "borrow" a character for inspiration...even if only somewhat.
- Matrix Direct
- Not long after viewing The Matrix for the 4th time, I got to thinking about the sequels they're doing and all. Now I don't know what directions the Bothers are taking with this (obviously, since it ain't out yet and I have no inside info), but I thought that with all of the Alice in Wonderland/Looking-Glass Land references, there ought to at least be a major character named Alice. So I did what any fanboy/girl would do nowadays...I wrote a fanfic.
Now I haven't posted it anywhere and it's extremely sketchy (it's more like an outline anyway) but there was this concept I came up with that I thought was cool. Don't know if I'll ever post it anywhere cuz it needs major tweaking and it obviously won't fit in with the Matrix Trilogy once it's released.
- I started lurking in RASSM in the spring of 2001 and naturally I came across some Sith War posts. Now for the life of me I had *no freaking idea what the hell was going on* but I found the idea interesting, and being in possession of a very active imagination, began toying with ideas. My first idea was the modified DeLorean that would at-the-last-minute be named the Jump-DMC. I even spent a whole month doing layered drawings of the car/ship on my computer. Other ideas included the flying eyeballs and a variant of the Dimension Jumpers.
- Trolling Tea Party
- I've come to understand that many people on RASSM consider James W. King a troll. Now I don't wish to get caught up in what all the gist is about with that, but me being a Newbie in RASSM, I responded to a few of his posts. We mainly talked about Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass. We also joked around regarding drawing treacle well and how Darth Maul is like a writing desk. So needless to say, the concept of Alice was recent in my mind when Sith War 8.1x re-re-broke out.
Evolution of the Jigglypuffs:
The personalities I have attributed to my Pokémon are not necessarily meant to reflect on those of the animé. Any similarities between PeterPika's fondness for pumpkins and Pikachu's fondness for ketchup are only partly intentional.
- Eye Spy...
- My first sidekick idea was a groups of about 12 flying eyeballs. I'd seen the visual in a NY subway grafitti book my Dad has (yeah don't ask) and thought it was cool. But for some reason I thought Pokémon were better. Besides Jigglypuffs are spherical so why not?
- "Friends like Ewan you I've got to leave behind..."
- Of the flying eyeballs, I only came up with 2 that had personalities. One was named Ewan and was a party dude; that concept pretty much stuck.
The other was Swearin' Sam; think Yosemite Sam and Samuel L. Jackson's mad mutha f#$%#er-type characters all rolled into one. Somehow I couldn't quite bring myself to write Sam's dialog as "*$&$@#^%*" all the time and there ain't NO way I'm gonna swear that much in one week much less one post so I gave that idea up.
I never could come up with anything else involving the flying eyeballs idea so I dropped it. Hot ROddish will chauffer you for a day if you can tell me what the title of this note is in reference to. :-)
- A Chorus Line
- Before I made my first Sith War post, I spent some time coming up with some backstory for my characters. I like to have at least something to go on...in my original backstory, there are 3 additional Jigglypuffs: a trio of Jigglypuff gals who can imitate any female vocalist or group. I don't know if I'll ever use them or not.